My Story

I am spending the spring semester in Denia, Spain. I will be taking five classes at the local University. Follow the blog to find out what is going on in my life :)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Some random things about Denia

They change classes in school here with a song instead of a bell.  When we are in class all morning for interim we can hear the music from the schools through our windows.  The streets have white lines to cross and it’s pedestrians right of way (mostly).  The cars are speeding at you and then stop (maybe) within an inch of your life.  On Friday we went on a fieldtrip in class to the marcadillo (flee market) and to the Mercado (food market).  It was super fun; it has everything from tons of shoes to flamenco dresses to purses to pictures, electronics, dishes, every type of clothing and more!  Yesterday afternoon I went to the beach with some friends.  We walked in the surf, played Frisbee and soccer.  Last night we walked all around Denia seeing the night life and ended up talking in a bar/restaurant.  Today I slept in! :) This afternoon I went shopping with some friends and in one store we met a woman from Nottinghamshire in England!  She has a daughter who is a ski instructor in Utah (I would so love to do that!!)  Evidently she also went to Switzerland one winter but likes Utah better!!  I loved listening to her accent! :)  In a lot of the shops here they play popular English (American) music! Tonight I am going to a ship exhibition of poetry and flamenco dancing!  Today during lunch I asked Maite (my Spanish mamá) what I should wear for my first day of Flamenco class and she told me what she wore (skirt and leotard) and then proceeded to dance two types of Flamenco dances right then and there, singing a song as well J 

No comments:

Post a Comment