My Story

I am spending the spring semester in Denia, Spain. I will be taking five classes at the local University. Follow the blog to find out what is going on in my life :)

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pictures

These two are pictures of the Baptist Church that we go to.  I love this picture as it has the cross with beautiful mountains in the background!  It is about a 30 walk up the mountain to get there.  Kindly, the church provides transportation for us down in Denia.  Already lots of the students have started walking though.  This is also the location where I will be doing my ethnographic study - at the Alpha and Omega school, helping with English in the classrooms. 

This reads Eglesia Evangelica Baptista - that is in Valenciano (the dialect)

Already made the papers!
After our group went to Javea (Xavea) last week this was in the local news paper this weekend.  It reads, "A group of American students show interest in the local culture."  This picture is taken in front of that large cathedral I talked about earlier.  I am up above on the top of the stairs, seven people in from the right, right above where the stairs meet the platform.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Jenn - salsa dancing in Spain!I can't wait to hear all about Barcelona. Be sure to bring back a copy of the newspaper with your picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, MaryS is your favorite Godmother:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely do that! I thought so, thanks for commenting! It's nice to get responses :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete